This course is an immersion 5 day experience on open drone mapping for deep understanding on various tools and technologies for processing of UAV derived datasets. We will provide a walk-through journey from flight planning and capturing data out in the field using UAVs, to complex image processing and data analyses using available open source software and tools. The main focus of this course is on processing the collected imagery using structure from motion technique and deriving orthophoto mosaics and ultra-high resolution digital elevation models of land surface, vegetation and structures.
1. Introduction to Unmanned Aerial Systems
2. Flight Planning and data acquisition
3. Generation of Point Clouds:
From Images to 3D Models – Concepts and Image Processing
4. Open Source UAV Data Processing Pipeline & Tools
5. UAV Data Processing : Analysis of data processing results
6. Information Extraction from Point clouds :
Filtering,Segmenting and Classification etc.
7. Generation of UAV Data Products : Ortho-mosaics | Digital Elevation Models | Digital Surface Models
8. UAV Data Visualization : 2D/3D Textured models.